Key Benefits to Finding a Respected HVAC Company Near You
If you are looking for a respected HVAC company near you, you’ve come to the right place. If you follow these few easy steps, you will have likely be able to find the right contractor for your home.
Thanks to the internet you can become better informed and able to choose a reputable HVAC company near you.
Research HVAC Services in Your Area
Go to Google and search for HVAC companies near you, and then visit their website. What areas do they serve? What services do they offer?, What brands do they carry?
Do they guarantee their work? Do they offer flat rates and emergency service? Don’t pick a contractor just because they have a pretty website. Websites can be deceiving.
Check for their license in the State Contractors Board online. Take a look at their customer reviews, but be aware that some unscrupulous contractors will pay for good reviews. Ask your neighbors if they can recommend a good HVAC company in the area.
Ask a Ton of Questions
Once you have narrowed it down to three or five names, call them up. Don’t be afraid to ask a bunch of questions. They should be used to that. If their answers are evasive, go to the next name on your list. A reputable HVAC company will always be happy to answer the following questions:
- What services do you currently offer?
- What areas do you work in?
- Do you offer 24/7 emergency service?
- Do you offer flat rates?
- What brands do you carry?
- Do you have a warranty and how long is it?
- Are them if they are licensed (even if you found them on the Contractors Board).
- Check Better Business Bureau for customer complaints.
- If a contractor gives you a quote over the phone, be wary.
- The lowest bidder is not necessarily the best, and be cautious if the quote is very low.
- Ask for references and call them. A reputable HVAC contractor can and will provide references, then call the references and ask how the job went.
- Ensure that the work to be done is clearly itemized in writing.
- Get it all in writing! Verbal agreements are fine, but they will not hold up in a court.
- Ask your around, your friends, neighbors, colleagues for a good HVAC company.
Preliminary Home Inspection is a Must
A reputable HVAC company will always go to your home before the job starts. In this initial inspection, they will take measurements and check your condition of ductwork and insulation in order to provide you with the best solution available.
This will allow the contractor to know what course of action to take in order to provide a solution. A quality HVAC company will always conduct a home inspection before the work begins. If they don’t, move on.
Don’t Ignore Your Instincts
Don’t ignore your instincts. Research and questions will only go so far. If you notice any hesitation with their answers, be careful.
Research and instinct are the most important factors to consider when selecting a good HVAC company near you. A reputable HVAC company will always welcome questions and explain every detail of the job they are proposing to do.
After you’ve done the research and paid attention to your instincts, call Gene Johnson Plumbing & Heating in Seattle, WA for a phone consultation. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have.