If you know that you can have your heating system fixed quickly and efficiently whenever you want, would you feel a little more at ease in your home on those chilly winter nights? Having access to an experienced, reputable team of experts for those occasions when you need heater repair or maintenance will help a lot. All you have to do is take action.
Don't let your furnace fail you during a harsh winter! Get your furnace maintenance done early!
Main Reasons for Heater Repair
There are times when your heating system will shut down at the spur of the moment, but most of the time you will get signs telling you that something isn’t right before it actually shuts down. The moment your heater stops working is not the time to call for help and hope that someone magically appears and saves the day.
Look out for these signs that you might be in need of heater repair, and call Gene Johnson Plumbing & Heating right away.
- Poor communication between your thermostat and furnace - This problem may have a very simple solution. Recalibrating the thermostat, changing its batteries, or checking the electrical connections might fix it, or the thermostat may need to be replaced.
- Loud vibrating or banging noises - If you are hearing excessive noise when your heater is operating, it may be caused by a number of issues within the furnace.
- Elevated heating bills - Any number of issues, including a dirty furnace or filter, can cause your heating bill to skyrocket. Gene's Super Techs will be glad to get to the root of the problem and help you lower your monthly cost again.
- Strange chemical odors near the unit - unusual odors from your heater can be very serious. They may indicate a gas leak, so it is imperative that you call your heating company immediately if you smell something strange.
3 Benefits of Regular Maintenance
Having regular maintenance on your heating system will prevent most problems because all of the working parts are being tuned up, and won’t suffer the same kind of wear and tear that’s normal for a furnace. Three of the main benefits of regular maintenance. They are:
- A more efficient system - When your heating system is adequately maintained, including regular inspections and tune-ups, they don't require as much energy to run. This will undoubtedly result in lower utility bills
- Fewer repairs and problems - Keeping up with your annual heater tune-up can also save you money by reducing your risk of problems or breakdowns, so you won't have to deal with costly repairs.
- Longer lifespan of your system - Keeping your heating system running at peak efficiency for longer will also extend its life. That means you can go longer without needing heater replacement!
Saving money is always important for homeowners, so do yourself a favor and schedule your maintenance services with Gene Johnson Plumbing & Heating every year just before the winter months.
Looking to install a new boiler? Call Gene's Super Techs for upfront pricing and professional installation!
Shy Away from DIY
If you notice any of the signs that something is wrong, don’t try to take a step further by repairing it yourself. In most cases, you will only make the problem worse, so allow experienced professionals to take care of it and no one else. Many homeowners are into the DIY approach these days, but where your family’s comfort is concerned, you want the repair done safely and correctly. Call for professional heater repair and take the peace of mind that comes along with it.