Plumbing emergencies have a way of getting your heart racing like few other household problems. When you are spending time with your family, going through your normal daily routine, and all of a sudden there is water filling up your basement or pooling on your kitchen floor, the only thing on your mind is how to make it stop. Finding a professional plumber that offers emergency service is the key to minimizing water damage and getting the situation under control in the least stressful way possible.
Dealing with a burst pipe? Call Gene’s Super Techs right away to minimize the damage!
Is It an Emergency?
Determining whether your plumbing issue is an actual emergency or not may be tricky, but if you see damage happening to your property caused by a plumbing problem and you can’t get it under control on your own, then you can consider it an emergency. Many homeowners are reluctant to call for a emergency plumber, especially after hours, but it is better safe than sorry. Emergency plumbers are used to such calls, and they will help you figure out if immediate attention is necessary. Burst pipes, serious drain clogs and water damage from hidden leaks are all examples of plumbing emergencies that need quick attention.
There’s No Time to Lose
Speed is one of the most important factors if you want to minimize the damage caused by a plumbing emergency. Shutting off the water supply as quickly as you can, and getting a proficient emergency plumber to your home as fast as possible, are both essential in order to get the situation under control.
One issue that seriously affects the speed element is scrambling around, looking for a plumber when the emergency is in full force. If you take some time to find a good emergency plumber when you don’t have an emergency, you’ll be able to take your time and find one that is perfect for the job, if it ever comes to that. You’ll also have quick access, because the phone number will be close at hand.
Avoid plumbing emergencies in your home. Schedule regular drain cleanings with Gene’s Super Techs!
Why Do You Need Emergency Heating Service?
If your heater stops working in the dead of winter, you may think it isn’t worth calling for emergency heating service. It may be a bit uncomfortable, but it can wait until tomorrow, right? Wrong! Losing heat in the middle of the night during a brutal January winter can have serious effects on your health and safety. It can also put your pipes at risk of freezing, leading to an unmistakable plumbing emergency!
Signs it’s Time to Repair or Replace Your Gas Line
It’s important to not take any issues with your gas line lightly. Problems with your gas line can cause serious risks to your health and your property. That’s why it’s crucial to call a professional to inspect your gas line to determine if it needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Unusual sounds: If you begin to hear unfamiliar hissing or roaring sounds near your gas line you should call a professional to inspect the issue.
- Gas appliances not functioning: You should seek professional services if your gas-powered appliances are no longer working efficiently. It can indicate an issue with the gas line and not the appliances.
- Previous gas leaks: If you have had a previous gas leak in the same gas line, and you suspect there is another issue, you should immediately schedule an appointment with a professional.
- Increase in gas bill: If you have noticed a steady increase in your gas bill — and your usage hasn’t changed — it can indicate an issue.
- Gas line is visible: If any part of your gas line is visible you should call a professional. This can cause an increased risk to your family and your home or building.
- Old gas line: If you have an aging gas line, you should have it inspected by a professional to determine if it’s functioning properly.