It sounds corny to say the water main connecting your home to the local water supply is like your family’s lifeline, but it is true in some ways. The water that flows into your home is used for bathing, drinking, cooking and washing clothes, and even if you use a water filtration system of some sort, it’s still the water line that is bringing the water into the house to be filtered. If the water line becomes damaged, or if you need a new one installed, finding an experienced service provider is crucial.
Trust your water line repairs to Gene Johnson Plumbing & Heating! Our team of highly skilled contractors will get the job done right, in a timely manner, whether you just need a simple repair, or professional water line installation or replacement.
Need sewer line replacement? We've got you covered!
The Need for a Healthy Water Line
It’s probably safe to say that every household relies on its water main every single day for many different reasons. Water must come into the house for bathing, washing clothes and dishes, cooking, drinking, brushing teeth and flushing the toilet. Even one day with a broken water main would cause a great deal of disruption to the average family. In all likelihood, you would have to leave and stay elsewhere until the problem was fixed, which is why it is so important to keep your water lines in top condition.
Why Water Lines Deteriorate
Some of the common reasons for a water line to become damaged or deteriorate include normal aging, general wear and tear and shifting in the ground. Predicting water line issues isn’t possible, but you can take quick action as soon as you notice there has been an interruption in your household water flow. A steep drop in pressure or no water at all, warrants a call to your local plumber to get to the bottom of the situation.
Gene's Super Techs offer upfront pricing on all our residential and commercial plumbing services.
Professional Installation and Replacement
Since there is so much riding on strong and functioning water lines, it’s always best to leave any installation and repair work to qualified professionals. Trying to get to the line and make adjustments on your own, or even with a cheap alternative, will only lead to problems in the future when your water won’t flow at all.
Water Line Specialists
Do You Do Leak Detection?
Yes, we can coordinate/facilitate that service. Tyler, our water line specialist, can help you today.
*Every home is different. Tyler will need to see your property in person.
*No cost estimate/visit/evaluation
When to Call for Water Leak Detection
- High water bill?
- Leak in your yard?
- Water company visit?
- Galvanized pipes?
- Previous leaks?
- What year was the home built?
- How long is it from the water meter to the home? Is it uphill or downhill? What is the terrain like?
- Grass? Concrete? Asphalt? Near a tree?
- Do you have a main house shut-off valve?
- Do you know where your water meter is?
Trenchless Water Line Specialists
How We Do It
- Trenchless directional drilling technology (no disturbance to your driveway, sidewalk, street, or landscaping)
- We drill a new hole, bypassing your old leaking line (typically from the meter to your house)
What We Use
- Aqua-Pex Piping (computer designed, cross-link polyethylene)
- Connections (does not require the use of dangerous chemicals, solvents, or glues)
- Strength (as the Pex shrinks back around the fittings, it creates a strong durable connection with 1,000 pounds of radial force)