What it's like to work at GJP
At Gene Johnson Plumbing & Heating, we pride ourselves on not only taking care of our customers and their needs but also on treating every one of our super techs with respect. If you are a plumbing or HVAC technician in the Seattle area and are looking for a company where you can grow in your career, then Gene Johnson Plumbing & Heating may be just the place for you!
Here are a few things you should know before you work with us:
- Our techs are our first priority. We know that happy techs lead to happy customers, so we do what we can to train our techs well, and keep them happy. We treat all our staff equally and never micro-manage.
- We train every technician 1 on 1, so everyone has the opportunity to succeed. You won’t find any “top guys that get all the good calls” here.
- Our techs answer one call at a time. That means you can take the time you need with each customer, without any worry or stress.
- We believe in our technicians bettering themselves in their careers, so we hold weekly code and service trainings, and sign for your working hours in order for you to get your license!
- We cross-train all techs in plumbing and HVAC work, so you’ll never have to experience a “slow season”.
- We regularly attend IAPMO and PHCC regional meetings because we know it’s a fun and social way to get our CE credits (and eat some pizza).
- We want to help you find peace with your finances. That’s why our employees go through the Dave Ramsey Money Management course to help you plan for the good money you make with us! We also have a financial advisor who can help you plan for retirement!
- We offer 100% of employee Health, Dental and Vision insurance with options for family, as well as 401K.
- Need time off? Just ask! Our Sounder fans haven’t missed a game all year!
- We have the most robust 5-star reputation online in the area and strive to live up that reputation on every call.
- Need help on a job? We have a group of motivated apprentices actively working towards their license who are eager and ready to help.
- We have a syllabus to track our apprentices’ progress and ensure that they become licensed and debt-free, making top wages in their 4th year.
- Our office staff is professional and stable. They do their job well to make your job and as easy as possible.
- We have built a great teamwork environment, where we all support each other and are here to help.
- We like to have fun! Don’t be surprised if you see a drone flying around our offices!
Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or national origin, or any factors prohibited by local, state or federal law. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the ADA and related state laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the company.